Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Party Preparations

It's hard to believe, but my oldest monkey will be 6 years old in a couple of weeks.  Seems to me he should only be 6 weeks old.  He'll be graduating Kindergarten this Saturday.  Can you believe it?  We finished our first year of homeschooling without killing each other  Woo Hoo!!!  I think we did all right, especially considering neither of us had any idea what the heck we were doing!

Ty's birthday party theme is Super Mario Bros.  He's been looking forward to this for a few months now.  I'm usually pumped up about the big day, working on party paraphanalia for months in advance, but this year not so much.  Maybe the kidney stone sucked all the energy out of me, or maybe it's the demands of a 9 month old monkey, but the party must go on!

So yesterday we set out on our first party shopping spree.  I snagged some festive plates and napkins and a few favors for the kiddos, but there is so much more to be done.

Here are a few of my ideas for the party:
  1. Food - What do all self-respecting Italian plumbers love to eat?  Pizza, of course.  Too bad Fox's won't be open in time.  Oooo...I just thought of this...some mozzarella sticks would be good too!
  2. Games - "Pin the mustache on Mario", "Yoshi Egg Hunt" (Does anyone know where I can get plastic eggs this time of year?  Oy, I wish I had thought of this game before Easter!),  "Mario Obstacle Course" complete with your favorite Mario enemies
  3. Decorations - replicas of your basic Mario Bad Dudes (I'm not really familiar with their official names) like the man-eating flowers, the barking ball-and-chain, and ghosts; also coins, stars, and mushrooms
  4. The Cake - Ty has only one request for the cake.  On the top he wants Mario standing on Toad's shoulders???  Why?  This is not going to be easy for ole Mom!
  5. And the Pièce de résistance - stick-on mustaches for EVERYONE! And I do mean everyone.  Wouldn't this make the cutest group picture?

Well, that's all I've come up with so far.  If you have any more ideas, please share them with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment