Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cupcake Cones

This is one of those recipes that I've wanted to try for a long time and just never have.  So today, when I needed something to take to an ice cream party, I thought these would be perfect.  I didin't use a recipe exactly (it's just cake batter in an ice cream cone), but there were some instructions on the box of cones.  These "instructions" warned that overfilling could lead to overflowing.  "Only use 1/4 cup of batter per cone."  Well, I could tell right away that was too much batter, so I cut back.

Thank goodness I cut back, because this is how mine turned out.


UGLY!!!  But any cake decorator knows that icing can cover a multitude of sins.

So, after giving these dudes a "haircut" I topped them with icing and sprinkles, and if not for these pictures, no one would have been the wiser.

After some decorating they looked much better.


Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Cute, but.....

TOP HEAVY!!!

Now I see why you're supposed to wrap them in foil.  I took the foil off after baking, thinking it would make for a better picture.  Then I tried moving the tray full of cones. 

Bad idea.  BAD IDEA!!!

It was like the domino effect.  Once one starting flipping, they all flipped.  Miraculously, they sustained only minor injuries.  And after more cosmetic surgery they were back to cute.

OK.  So these look pretty good , but how do they taste?

Well...not good enough to make again I'm afraid.  The cones get soft.  I guess they absorb some moisture from the cake, and I don't know about you, but I like my cones crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment