Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Best Laid Plans

So much for my plans for school on Labor Day.  Ty got an invitation from his Papa to go fishing Monday, and he jumped right on it.  It's a good thing he did too, because they caught 83 fish!  Whoopee!  Fresh fish for supper.  Sure beats the heck out of pizza ;-)

As for the rest of us...well, I got to do fun stuff like mopping.  Yuck!  And yes, the Tool Man did get to work upstairs.  He got the latest problem fixed, and now we are ready to finish painting.  Yea!  TM and I are so ready to have our room back to ourselves.  Lucy woke us up no less than 4 times last night!  TM finally had enough of it and retired to the couch, but I stuck it out.  Geeze...I don't even remember what it's like to sleep 7 consecutive hours.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

The Tool Man's been making like Paul Bunyan around here chopping down trees.  I usually don't advocate tree cutting, but we looked it over and carefully selected a few of the smaller, less desirable trees in our front yard to cut.  We're hoping to open up the front yard for a better view of the house and to let a little more sunlight in for some grass to grow.  But don't worry.  There's still a bunch, and I do mean a bunch, of trees left out there.  If wishes were fishes, I'd hire a professional to come trim away all the lower limbs and damaged wood from the remaining trees, and then I'd add spot lights to accent the beautiful large oaks in our yard.  Next, I'd get a landscaper to plant some azaleas and dogwoods in the understory.  And while we're at it let's have a pool installed, shall we?  Now we're talking!

Thought you might get a kick out of these pictures.  It was such a beautiful day here Sunday.  Not hot at all!  We got outside after church and played around in the yard.  And I don't know why, but this little monkey decided it would be best to play in his whitey tighties.  My little "Undie-clad Hero" doing tricks on the rings.


His dismount.


Daddy helped Lucy on the slide.  Although, like her brother, she'd much rather be trying to walk up the slide than slide down it.  (How do you like her dress?  I made it!)

The chickens enjoyed the day too.  We've been letting them stay out all day everyday.  They love being down in the woods looking for bugs and stuff.  I thought we'd lost them last week though.  Ty and I looked all over the yard for them.  Finally I happened to catch a glimpse of one under our barn.  They were all huddled up under there.  Just chillin'.


Chicken run!

No comments:

Post a Comment