Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Cake and a Climber

It seems that I can go 2 months sometimes without making a cake, then everyone calls at once wanting one.  I was asked to make 4 cakes this past week.  Unfortunately, because of school and work and a whole bunch of other responsibilities, I could only make this one.  It is for Makenzy who is one year old today.  I don't know too much about Dora (Ty's not interested in watching her and Lucy's not into TV yet), but here's what I came up with.  Once again I opted to use fondant instead of buttercream.

And you may have noticed I sort of "cheated" with the text.  I printed it.  I know.  I know.  What's the matter with me?  Am I slacking?

Overall I'm pleased with the final product.  What say you?


I had a little "help" while I was baking this cake.  As you may know, Lucy is living up to the title "monkey."  She climbs up or on or in anything that doesn't move.  Here she is in the cabinet under my mixing bowl, which was OK with me, because I knew right where she was while I was baking.


And Lucy's been trying her hand out at school too.  She has recently discovered all the wonderful little lovelies in Ty's desk drawer.  You know, pencils, makers, stickers, rulers, post-its...  Ty has some of those invisible markers that only "write" on paper, so I let Lucy have her way with them.  Mostly she just likes to snap the lids on and off...      on and off...       on and off...


Look.  She found another cabinet to explore.  See that drawer of printer paper she's sitting on?  Well, she usually pulls out every piece.  And I don't know why, but she hasn't figured out that she could pull all of the paper towels out of that box.  I guess I really should move that before she gets wise.


The sweet face of innocence...Ha!  I know better!  This child is turning out to be a ring-tail-tooter!


(I think that's spaghetti sauce all over her face.)

1 comment:

  1. Aw; the cake looked great in person!
    And our Lu - Lu! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete