Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ramblings

What could be better than going to Disney World in 7 weeks?

Going to Disney World in 3 weeks!!!!!!

Due to unforseen circumstances we had to move our vacation up a few weeks. And get this. We are going to stay an extra day, and we were able to upgrade to a better resort, and we are getting a better meal plan for only a few bucks more. This could not have worked out better for us!

In the meantime, things are super busy around here. Actually, now that I think about it, I have at least one significant event on the schedule every week until my birthday, January 8.

This week I'm finishing up the kids' costumes for trick-or-treating. They are going to be so cute! I can't wait to share pictures with ya'll.

Our church's Fall Festival is this weekend too. The Tool Man and I head it up each year. If you are not familiar with our festival, it is a HUGE event for our church. We have 30+ carnival games, a fantastic cake walk, hayrides, chili dogs, popcorn, inflatable jumpers, face painting, an extensive petting zoo, and candy candy candy! I'm always amazed at how it all comes together so easily every year. Our people really work hard to make it all happen. And what's even more amazing is how quickly it is all cleaned up! In less than an hour everything is put away, ready to be used again next year.

Next week I have two cakes to make. I hate to tell ya'll this, but the first one is an Alabama football cake! Yuck! Ew! It's for a 9 year-old girl who is a big Bama fan. She wants half the cake to be Bama and half to be LSU. The LSU half I can handle, but the Bama half? Well, that remains to be seen!

I am also helping with a wedding shower next weekend, and I'll have to make a cake for that too. I wonder what flavor I'll make this time. I'm thinking another coconut lemon curd cake. It was a huge hit at the last shower. So yummy! I got the idea from Mrs. Paula Deen so you know it has to be good!

The next week is our annual Thanksgiving lunch at church, and I'm in charge of setting up and decorating for this meal. Of course I'll also be busy planning and packing for Disney World. That will be fun, of course, but it's a little challenging trying to guess how many outfits and diapers a toddler is going to go through in 7 days. Wouldn't want to run out of diapers, now would we? No, that would not be a good thing.

I guess I'll stop boring you with my schedule . But I do want to tell you that at least two of our hens are laying now. Yeah, I found two eggs yesterday! One was a pale sage green color and the other was little lighter and slightly more blue. I love those colors. It just occurred to me that those eggs are almost the exact same color of most of the walls in my house. Maybe that's why I like them so much :)

I'm making a few special treats for the kiddos at Awana tonight - mummy dogs and a giant s'more cake. I'll post a few picture for you when I get the cake finished, but trust me, it is soooooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment