Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Visions

Seems like I've been apologizing a lot lately for my lazy blogging.  But we were out of town a couple of days this week, and I just ain't had the time!  Plus I've been suffering from a case of blogger's block (yeah, I just made up that condition).  I can't seem to think of anything interesting to say.  And the monkeys have just been up to their usual monkey business, so there's no real news to speak of there.

So, in an effort to supply y'all with some new reading material, and to let you know that I'm still kicking, I decided to go through my file of inspiration photos and share a couple of them with you.

These are just a few of the photos that have inspired my decorating decisions for our new upstairs.  Maybe this will help you see my vision for the new rooms.

CAUTION!  The following photos are very white.  I know. I know.  It's a risky decision for kid territory, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

First, the bathroom.

Yes, I plan to have all my towels, washed, rolled, and neatly stacked (not to mention color-coordinated) at all times.  Notice how I said "plan" and not "promise."


Although I won't be getting this farmhouse sink, I still love this picture, especially the cracking paint on the cabinet.   And the toile.  Who doesn't like toile?  And the light, breezy curtains.  So fresh!

And for Lucy's room...


I do love me some old stuff!  I have bags full of old toys and dolls and doo-lolly's (mine and my mother's) just waiting to accessorize Lucy's new digs.  I even have my old, white, iron day bed, although its paint is not chipping.  Hmm... maybe I could fix that.

Just kiddin' Mom!

What about Ty's room?  Well, I've got a picture for that too.  It's just in a book.  It's white too, much to Ty's chagrin, but I think he'll be OK with it once all of his stuff is up there to add color and personality.

As for the progress upstairs, we're still waiting for the cabinetry to be made.  And I haven't forgotten that I promised you some pictures from up there.  But I can't think about that today.  "I'll think about that tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment