Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Queen Takes the “Throne”

If you could see me now you would wonder why I’m grinning from ear to ear. Well, I can’t wait to tell y’all. Oh, this is just the best news a mom could share!

My baby…my 19 month old baby… just used the potty!!! Whoop! Whoop!Party smile

(And for all of you who were wondering, it was #2 . Impressive, I know!)

It went something like this…

Lucy walked past me tonight, and let’s just say that I got the idea that she might have a dirty diaper. Only it wasn’t dirty just yet, so I asked her, jokingly, if she needed to use the potty. Well, she headed straight for the bathroom saying, “Potty. Potty.” After I turned the bathroom lights on for her, she backed up to the toilet and waited for me to pull her pants down. So I helped her up on the “throne,” and she immediately got down to business. It only took her 2 or 3 minutes to finish the job, which I thought was extremely impressive considering she’s never done this sort of work on demand before.

Sorry, but I don’t have any pictures of this milestone to share with y’all. Winking smile (And the world takes a collective sigh of relief.) I’m also not gonna share about how Lucy ended up slipping off the toilet seat and landing in the “you know what.” Nope. I won’t say a word about that.

1 comment:

  1. Yep; she's ready... she usually tells us when she's wet....Go; Lucy~~

    ReplyDelete