Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cruise–Day 5

Our last day on the ship was a sea day.  One last chance to soak up the sun and catch some R & R.

And eat.

So how was the food on board?

In a word…Plentiful!

But seriously.  It was great.

Let’s start with breakfast.  Sweet, fresh fruit.  Pancakes, waffles, toast, muffins, etc. (Although, I don’t recall seeing any biscuits.)  Eggs cooked every which-a-way.  Bacon, ham, and assorted sausages prepared all fancy-like with peppers and onions.  Potatoes, cooked differently every morning.  And last but not least, a glorious assortment of pastries.  Oh, I almost forgot.  Omelets.  Our favorite!

The lunch buffet had a different theme each day.  Italian, American, Caribbean, Cajun, Mexican.  Yummy!

Of course if that didn’t suit your fancy you could always stop by the grill for a burger or hot dog.  Or grab a sandwich at the New York style deli.  Or you could order Chinese food at the Asian counter. Or you could grab a slice of pizza at the 24 hour pizzeria.  Not to mention the 24 hour self-serve, soft-serve ice cream and yogurt.  You get the picture.  Food everywhere, all the time.

Dinner time.  I told you earlier that the Tool Man and I absolutely love going to the dining room for dinner.  Why?  Because the service is phenomenal, the food is terrific, and the entertainment is a blast.  Wanna know what we had for dinner this week?  Sweet & Sour Shrimp, Prime Rib (the BEST!!!), BBQ Ribs, Rosemary Chicken, Veal Parmesan, Chateaubriand, and Filet Mignon just to name a few entrees.  I’m amazed that they didn’t have to wheel us off the ship on furniture dollies!

There are two dining rooms on the Triumph.  We were seated in the Paris Dining Room at the late seating – 8:15.

IMG_9520 (3) (800x533)

Here are our waiters dancing during “show time.”

IMG_9529 (2) (800x533)

And here are our table and our dinner partners.  They were a really nice couple from Baton Rouge.

IMG_9531 (2) (800x533)

The piece de resistance…

IMG_9521 (2) (800x533)

DESSERT!!!!!

On a ship long, long ago (10 years, in fact) I once ate a grand total of 7 desserts in one day!

And I loved every single bite.

Don’t judge me.

IMG_9524 (2) (800x533)

Here’s the Tool Man with the best dessert of the week.  Warm Chocolate Melting Cake – a ramekin filled with rich, molten chocolate served with a side of vanilla ice cream.  Mmmmmm.

IMG_9526 (2) (800x533)

If you ever go on a seven-day Carnival cruise you simply must, must, must get their chocolate bread pudding.  Oh, Mama Mia!  The most wonderful taste you’ll ever put in your face!  But alas, they didn’t offer it on the five-day cruise…

Of course we had to have cappuccino after dinner every night to help wash down those desserts.

Yes, you have to drink cappuccino just like this with your little pinkie sticking out.

IMG_9528 (2) (533x800)

One last walk around the ship for some photos.

This picture was taken up on the deck with the walking track.  Believe or not, the Tool Man and I walked 2 miles every day.

IMG_9497 (2) (533x800)

Up one more deck to the iconic Carnival funnel.  I’m the little speck there in front.

IMG_9504 (2) (533x800)

The putt-putt golf course.  I won’t say who won our game.  This course was one of those things that made me wish Ty had been with us.  He loves some putt-putt.

IMG_9511 (2) (800x533)

IMG_9513 (2) (800x533)

The Tool Man found it extremely hilarious that I had some trouble finding my way around the ship.  I wasn’t that mixed up. I knew where things were, but I just kept getting the front and the back confused.  Of course if your front and your back are mixed up, then your left and your right are mixed up.  And that means you’re pretty much completely mixed up.

IMG_9514 (2) (800x533)

The view from the top.  Rocking boats and waves don’t have any effect on me, but this – looking over the rail from 8 floors up – I get dizzy just thinking about it.  You see that tiny black spot on the floor there.  That’s a grand piano for crying out loud!

IMG_9515 (2) (800x533)

My last boyfriend – Dumbo.

IMG_9519 (2) (533x800)

I hope you’ve enjoyed my little cruise documentary, and that it hasn’t been terribly boring to you.  I can’t help but worry that it’s kind of like having to watch someone else’s home videos.  They get a kick out of showing them to you, but you can’t wait until it’s over.

Well, it ain’t over just yet.  I’ve got a few more pictures to show you tomorrow.  Then I’ll be done with the cruise and back to other things – like monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment