Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Monday, April 18, 2011

I’m Back!!!

Some of you may be wondering why I haven’t posted in a while.  Well, I have a really good excuse.  I’ve been cruising the Caribbean!  The Tool Man and I took a much needed, long overdue vacation to celebrate our upcoming 10th anniversary.  Five days of fun and sun.  Snoozin’ and cruisin’.  Rest and relaxation.  Aaahhhh!

IMG_9247 (800x533)

We probably took close to 300 pictures this week, so instead of trying to unload them on you all at once, I’ve decided to take things one day at a time.

We left for New Orleans last Monday morning before sunrise.  The Tool Man and I love to sail from New Orleans.  Going down the river is so much fun.  I don’t know what the attraction is, but I find the Mississippi River and all its associated activity particularly fascinating.  (I’m a dork, I know.) I’ve decided that when I grown up I want to be a riverboat pilot, chauffeuring ships up and down the mighty Mississippi.

The Tool Man got us the coolest room on the ship.  It was on the top floor of balconies on the very back corner of the ship.  We had nearly a 300 degree view. Wow! And because we had a corner room we had a super HUGE balcony.  I’m talking large and in charge!  This picture only shows about 2/3 of it.

IMG_9325

Before we left port, some seagulls started circling the back of the ship.  We had been eating (surprise, surprise) out on our balcony, so I started tossing some leftover bread crumbs to them.  The seagulls started coming in really close.  The Tool Man was able to get some good pictures of them.

IMG_9312 (2) (800x533)

IMG_9313 (800x533)

Ever since our very first cruise – our honeymoon – the Tool Man and I have always taken an “S.O.S.” picture.  This was the 5th cruise for us.  What can I say?  We Red heart to cruise.  It’s the ultimate lazy person’s vacation!  You don’t have to do anything but eat and sleep and eat.

Did I mention eat?  We Red heart to eat, too!

IMG_9271 (800x534)

Here’s the cruise terminal after we pulled away from the dock.  This building was not even here when we cruised 10 years ago.  It really was a nice facility.  Embarkation and debarkation went so smoothly.

IMG_9321 (2) (800x532)

And we’re off!  Finally!  Cruisin’ down the river.  I love it!!!

New Orleans at sunset. 

IMG_9329 (2) (800x533)

One lump or two?  It’s the Domino Sugar factory.

IMG_9331 (800x533)

There’s just so much traffic on the river down here.  Again, I’m quite intrigued by it all.  I could have sat out on the balcony for hours watching it all go by.  Actually, that’s exactly what I did.  ‘Til the wee hours of the morning, by the light of the waxing moon, straining my eyes to see what was around the next bend.

IMG_9339 (2) (800x533)

My new boyfriend…not sure what species he is.  Actually, I made quite a few new “boyfriends” this week.  I’ll show you more pictures throughout the week.

IMG_9340 (800x533)

You may have noticed that there are a couple of people missing from these photos…the Monkeys!  No, they were not invited on this trip. Sad smile

The Tool Man and I really enjoyed our week alone, but we missed them something fierce!  Everything that we did or saw, we were thinking how much the monkeys would have enjoyed it.  So our goal is to start saving our money and take another cruise with them as soon as possible.  I can’t wait!

1 comment: