Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Arrow Academy–Week in Review, 4

As bad as I hate to admit it, nothing too interesting happened around here this week.  We are sort of getting into the groove of things.  I’m just hoping the groove doesn’t turn into a rut.

Once again, we’ve been talking about ponds.  I wanted to show you some of the fact cards I made for Ty.  They’re just bits of information I selected from a few of the books we checked out.  I typed them up and printed them out on cardstock.  I threw them all into a bucket and Ty selects one a day to read.  Then we do a quick review of previous cards.  I’m amazed at how much Ty enjoys this little exercise, not to mention how much he has learned.  I am definitely gonna try to make up a batch of fact cards for our next theme.

IMG_1408 (2) (800x533)

Here’s Ty reading one of his cards.  I’m guessing this one was about frogs, since that seems to be the position he’s in.

IMG_1434 (2) (533x800)

Since we were all sick half of last week, Lucy did a rerun of rectangles, the color yellow, the number two, and the letter “T.”  Something new that we added, though, were the Powerpoint presentations that I downloaded from 1+1+1=1.  Although the slideshows were designed more for preschoolers than toddlers, Lucy still enjoyed them and did very well with them.  If you want to see an example of one of the slideshows you can check it out here. (It’s actually the same Powerpoint that we used this week – letter T.)

Here’s Lucy’s pocket chart filled with flashcards covering the letter T and the color yellow.  Typically, I show her a card, she names it, then she slips the card into the chart.  Once she gets all the cards up I ask her to find a certain one.  She absolutely loves the pocket chart activities.

IMG_1406 (2) (533x800)

I finally had enough of sweeping green rice up off the floor, so I changed out our sensory bin this week.  Out with the pond, in with the yellow!  And since the macaroni was already the perfect color, there was no dying involved.  The monkeys love to dip and pour this stuff.  Who knew dry pasta could be so fun?

IMG_1425 (2) (800x533)

Lucy is still liking her Do-a-Dot Paints.  I can usually buy myself some time to focus on Ty if I can get Lucy started on a paint project.  Here she is with a frog picture she was working on.

IMG_1431 (2) (800x533)

Well, that’s all for this week.  Short and sweet, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment