Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fashion Show–Part 1

Perhaps I was a bit naïve to think I could snap a picture of Lucy in all of her new holiday frocks in one sitting.  Not happening!!  So let’s just take things one step at a time, shall we?

We’ll start our little fashion show with a Halloween t-shirt I embroidered for Lucy.  I downloaded this candy corn pattern from Planet Applique. (By the way, if you have a machine, P.A. has some really cute appliques at really good prices.  You should check it out.)

IMG_2134 (2) (531x800)

This applique came plain, but I added the “Boo Y’all” text to “southern-ize” it.  Some of you may remember my other “Boo Y’all” project I made last year.  You can check that out here.

This is a prime example of why I had to keep the photo shoot short and sweet.  A first-class meltdown for no apparent reason.

IMG_2139 (2) (533x800)

When her crying jag was over, Lucy decided she wanted an Eggo.

IMG_2141 (2) (533x800)

“I do it myself.”  Although, she’s not quite strong enough to push the slider (I don’t know what the correct term is) all the way down by herself.

IMG_2144 (2) (800x533)

How do you like that hair accessory?  Looks like a gi-normous orange spider landed on her head.  I wasn’t sure that Lucy would go for it.  She’s never really worn a head band before.  But apparently she didn’t mind it, because she wore it until time for bed.

IMG_2147 (2) (533x800)

I took advantage of the fact that she was distracted by food to snap a few more pictures of her.

IMG_2148 (2) (533x800)

IMG_2163 (2) (800x533)

Maybe next week I’ll get brave enough to try another photo shoot with Lucy.  I also have another cake I need to share with y’all, so check back soon.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment