Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Fall Y’all

I’m popping in with a quick post today to share my backdoor, fall décor with you.

I never really have been a fan of carving jack-o-lanterns, because the moment you make a cut into the pumpkin, the clock starts ticking.  That thing will be a soggy, moldy mess in only a couple of days. Thankfully, today there are so many creative ways to spruce up an ordinary pumpkin, my favorite of which is paint.  This year I went with a monogram and a leaf design on my pumpkins.  I just used some black acrylic paint and free-handed my designs straight onto the pumpkins.

IMG_2015 (2) (533x800)

You probably noticed the interesting mirror I used as a backdrop.  This is another find from my mother’s dress shop.  Although the mirror is old and well worn, it doesn’t hold too much sentimental value. We purchased it in this condition only a couple of seasons before the store closed, so I don’t feel bad about displaying it outside.

Does anyone recognize the wreath?  It’s one I made last year and posted about here.  Fabric scraps + Buttons + Hot Glue = Cuteness!  I decided to hang it over here rather than on the backdoor, because the Tool Man hates a wreath in his face when he’s trying to open the door.

And one last accessory for the pumpkins – bows tied to the stems.

IMG_2029 (2) (800x533)

Thanks for stopping by,

Lindsey

1 comment: