Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monkey Cakes

Take a look at the cute little cakes I made this weekend.

IMG_2066 (2) (800x532)

One cake for baby Noah and one cake for his family and friends.

IMG_2051 (2) (800x533)

This cake was filled and iced with buttercream, and the polka dots and monkey’s face were cut from fondant.

IMG_2052 (2) (800x533)

IMG_2055 (2) (800x533)

Here’s the smash cake for the birthday boy.  I heard he absolutely loved his first real encounter with sugar.  Can’t say that I blame him.

IMG_2056 (2) (800x533)

I carved the monkey out of a regular 6” round cake.  His “fur” is chocolate icing, and his face and ears are made of fondant.  I loved the way he turned out, so clean and absolutely adorable!

IMG_2062 (2) (800x532)

This week I have a dinosaur cake and a fall themed cake to make.  And next week it looks like I’m going to be involved in something REALLY BIG.  The plans have not been completely finalized yet, so I’ll have to fill y’all in on the details later.

I’ve also begun another home improvement project (as if I really have time to tackle something else.)  So far, the Tool Man and I are loving the way the project is turning out.  It may take a week or two to complete it, but when I’m done I promise I’ll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment