Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

This Is Not a Cake

I don’t think I actually realized just how long it’s been since I have posted on something other than cake.  Some of you are probably wondering what’s been going on around our house or what the two monkeys have been up to.

Well, as far as the house goes, nothing has been going on.  Not one thing.  Unless you count laundry, and I don’t.

So what about the monkeys?  I’m beginning to think that maybe I should start calling them cats and dogs, since that’s the way they’ve been fighting lately.  It’s driving this mama CRAZY!!!  Lucy is as independent as can be, and Ty insists bossing and irritating her.  She’ll have none of it, and thus the bickering begins!

One exciting thing that did happen in our family last week was the arrival of our new little cousin, baby Lily!  We made a quick trip down to meet her last week.  Ty and Lucy just love little babies.  Here they are getting to hold her for the first time.  Sorry about the picture quality, but these were taken with my phone.

Ty & Lily (800x600)

Ty may be wild and rough, but he’s got the sweetest heart.

Lucy with Lily (609x800)

Little Lucy couldn’t get enough Lily love.  (How’s that for alliteration!)  And being the little Miss Independent that she is, she really wanted to hold Lily with no help.  “I do it!”  Sorry, Lucy, not yet.

Here’s a little something I whipped up for Lily’s new room.  She’s got a bird-themed nursery, so when I saw a similar painting online, I just had to make one for her.

IMG_3678 (664x800)

IMG_3680 (542x800)

Question:  What happens when your two-year-old finds your tube of lip gloss?

Answer:  This!

Lucy Chapstick 2-29-12 (800x598)

She’s so crazy!  Lucy can get one little crumb on her lip while eating lunch, and she flips out.  But this didn’t bother her a bit.  She’d have worn it all day.

I’ll leave you with some words of wisdom from Lucy.

This morning she called me into the bathroom to wipe her bottom, and I asked her why I had to do it.  (She hasn’t needed my help in months!)  She just looked up at me and said, “You’re supposed to do it.  Your name is Mama.”

Just one of the many perks of the job I guess.

I love my job!

Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. We loved your visit! Can't wait to bring her home so Lucy and Ty can hold her again. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete