Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cute Cookies

As promised, today I’m sharing some pictures of the Easter goodies the monkeys and I baked up last week.  I admit my motivation for making these treats was strictly for commercial purposes.  I wanted to get some cookie and cake pop experience under my belt, and I figured the holiday was the perfect excuse to get baking.  I was pleased with how everything turned out, but I’ve decided that given the choice between the two, I’d rather decorate cakes than cookies.  I just feel like I get a little more bang for my buck with cake…there seems to be more of a wow factor to me.

Anyway, on to the cookies.

First is my basket of chicks.  I cut orange M&M’s in half to make the beaks.

IMG_4267 (2) (800x534)

A plateful of flower power…  Once again I added yellow M&M’s for the flower centers.

IMG_4272 (2) (800x800)

Now the cake pops…

Instead of simply making them into balls, I decided to get a little creative and fashion some carrot-shaped pops.  I made the leaves using white chocolate. 

IMG_4296 (2) (800x344)

The monkeys really had a blast helping out with the cake pops.  Lucy was in charge of dipping the sticks into the chocolate, then Ty inserted the sticks into the carrots.  Me?  I dipped the carrots into the orange candy coating.  We made quite a team!

IMG_4298 (2) (800x533)

IMG_4314 (2) (800x588)

Just wanted to thank everyone for the amazing response to my announcement about the bakery yesterday.  I didn’t know I had so many fans.  Ha ha!  Y’all are great!

Also I wanted to let everyone know that I am aware that the HOT Rock blog is not working properly.  Hopefully I can get that fixed soon so that I can start posting my latest cake pictures over there.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment