Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Little Lovely

IMG_7717 (2) (800x533)

Some of you may be expecting to see a few more pictures from our Christmas activities, but today I couldn’t resist the urge to move forward.  I always find myself feeling a little blue after the rush of excitement of the holidays.  The best way I’ve know to cheer my spirits is to focus my attention on what lies ahead.  Several things come to mind as I think about what’s next… a brand new year with new resolutions, a new semester in our homeschool, projects that beg to be started, upcoming events like basketball games, dance recitals, and road trips, and new holidays approaching on the calendar.

It’s funny, but when I was a kid I never wanted my mom to take down our Christmas tree and decorations.  But now that I’m in charge, I can’t wait to get all of that stuff boxed up again.  I want it all gone, and I want to move on.  How I wish I could snap my fingers or wriggle my nose and every ornament would be neatly packed away!  Every garland, rolled and returned to the attic.  It seems that each year I find myself putting out fewer and fewer Christmas decorations, because I know that in only a few short weeks I will have to turn right around and lug them all back to the attic again. (I’m sounding very Scrooge-ish aren’t I?)

Anyway, once the decorations are all neatly stowed away, I love how big and roomy our home feels.  I find it very refreshing.  Even so, I find that I’m just itching for another excuse to do some decorating.  I wish I was as creative as some of the other fabulous ladies I’ve seen in blog-world, who can stick a few bare branches in a vase, throw a couple of pinecones in a bowl, and voila, have a fabulous winter vignette. No, I’m just not there yet, but I’m working on it.  So far all I’ve managed was a simple dish of soap rose petals.  They aren’t much, but I love the pop of color and the gentle, rose fragrance they add to the corner of our breakfast room.

IMG_7714 (2) (800x533)

IMG_7723 (2) (522x800)

IMG_7718 (2) (800x534)

I do hope these little lovelies have brightened your day!

Lindsey

1 comment: