Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

He or She?

During all of the time that I’ve been absent from blogging, it seems that I’ve let a little thing like being pregnant slip by without any mention. 

Whoopsie!

Currently I am at 25 weeks which means that I am on the downhill side.  Woo hoo!  About 7 weeks ago I went for an ultrasound and found out the gender of the baby.  I decided it would be fun to reveal the gender to our family with a cake cutting.

IMG_8440 (2) (533x800)

I was more than a little nervous during the moments before the cake cutting, because I just didn’t know how long Ty and Lucy would be able to keep the secret.  (They had been with me to see the ultrasound that morning, so they had to hold their tongues all day!)  I had managed to keep them secluded all day, but once our party guests arrived, there was nothing I could do but cross my fingers.  Luckily, the monkeys held out!

IMG_8437 (2) (507x800)

IMG_8448 (2) (532x800)

The whole “party” was thrown together in one afternoon.  After the ultrasound I made a quick run to the party supply store to pick up a few pink and blue things for the table.  I also managed to make a little something for the back door to greet our guests as they entered.  And then I had to bake the cake, since I couldn’t do that beforehand either.

IMG_8450 (2) (651x800)

Before we cut the cake, I had everyone sign their names on either a pink or blue card as a way of guessing what the baby would be.  I thought it would be a fun little addition to the baby’s scrapbook.  Ty and I voted for boy.  Lucy and the Tool Man voted for girl.

When it came time for the big reveal, big brother and big sister got to cut the cake.

IMG_8451 (2) (800x534)

Drumroll please….

IMG_8452 (2) (800x533)

Ta da!  It’s a GIRL!!!

IMG_8454 (2) (766x800)

As soon as that first piece was cut the monkeys quickly took to the task of eating it.

IMG_8457 (2) (800x566)

Actually, Lucy’s idea of eating cake is really just eating icing.  She prefers to eat it by the spoonful.

IMG_8459 (2) (800x533)

The only one who was a little disappointed with the outcome was big brother.  His reasoning, as he wrote on his cup, is that he is now “outnumbered.”  Poor thing!  I’m sure he’ll adjust.

IMG_8465 (2) (534x800)

IMG_8466 (2) (533x800)

Now the fun stuff begins!  Time to get that nursery ready, haul down all of Lucy’s baby clothes from the attic, and sew a few things for the new girl.  Whew!  I better get started.  She’ll be here before we know it.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment