Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, June 21, 2013

Snip, Snip. Lucy’s First Haircut

I’m not quite sure how it happened, but I somehow got the job of cutting my family’s hair.  (Everyone’s except for mine of course.)  But a few months ago I ran across a photo of little girl with the cutest bob, and I knew it would be perfect for Lucy.  I also knew that it would be waaay too complicated for me to attempt.  So back in March, at the ripe ole age of three and a half, Lucy made her first trip to a salon for a professional haircut.

First, the wash.  I don’t know about y’all, but this is definitely my favorite part of getting a haircut.  I could fall asleep every time.  Lucy was as still as a mouse.

IMG_7968 (2) (533x800)

IMG_7971 (2) (800x534)

Lucy didn’t seem scared at all about the haircut.  She did, however, sit perfectly still and didn’t utter one word the entire time, which is quite unlike Lucy.

IMG_7973 (2) (533x800)

Snip, snip.  This is when I had a minor panic attack.  That’s about 4 inches of hair that got cut off in the back.  Eek!  I’d be lying if I said I didn’t second guess myself when Mrs. Kristi started cutting away.

IMG_7976 (2) (533x800)

Here’s how Lucy looked the whole time – absolutely no expression on her face.

IMG_7977 (2) (533x800)

IMG_7983 (2) (533x800)

Once the blow dryer came on Lucy woke up a little.  No, she wasn’t screaming.  Actually she was fake yawning.  Don’t ask why.

IMG_7989 (2) (800x533)

 IMG_7990 (2) (532x800)

As soon as her hair was dry, I knew that I had made the right decision.  I love Lucy’s new do!  It made her thin, flat mane look so much fuller and healthier.  I also love how easy it is to fix everyday.  So cute!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment