Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ty’s 9th Birthday Party

It’s been well over a month since Ty’s big day, but since I’m back into blogging now, I decided I should rewind and share a little about Ty’s 9th birthday.  This year Ty chose a Lego theme for his party. His birthday falls smack in the middle of summer baseball season, so it is pretty tough picking a party day and time when his best buds don’t have games.  We ended up waiting a couple of weeks after his birthday to have his party, but Ty was a pretty good sport about it.

IMG_3338 (2) (600x800)

I admit, I did a pretty lousy job of carrying out the theme this year.  Y’all know me.  I usually waste spend a lot of time planning the menu, decorations, games, and favors, but this year a Lego man head cake is about as far as I got.  I even wimped out on having the party at our house and just did it at the restaurant.  Maybe the fact that I was 5 months pregnant had something to do with my slacking this year.

When it was time for the cake cutting Lucy insisted on putting the candles in by herself.  It was at this moment that I realized that I forgot to bring a match or lighter to light the candles, and there weren’t any to be found at the restaurant.  So, poor Ty had to pretend to blow out his candles this year.

IMG_3331 (2) (600x800)

I guess another thing that made this a Lego party, was that Ty requested Legos from everyone.  And boy, did he ever get some Legos…space shuttle, Spiderman, Star Wars…all kinds of Legos!

IMG_3332 (2) (800x600)

We may have been temporarily out of our minds when we did it, but my mom and I picked up a genuine whip for Ty on a recent trip to Canton.  I hope I don’t regret this one day.

IMG_3351 (2) (599x800)

IMG_3353 (2) (599x800)

Did y’all notice Ty’s and Lucy’s shirts?  I made those using the freezer paper technique.  I love the results you can achieve with this.  It always looks so clean and sharp.  If you don’t know how to do this, there are plenty of tutorials online you can check out.

IMG_3357 (2) (600x800)

Well, that’s about it.  See?  I told y’all there wasn’t much to it this year.  Thankfully, that didn’t seem to bother the birthday boy.  Maybe it’s because he had the most import things:  his friends, his cake, and his presents, of course!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment