Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Monday, July 28, 2014

Lucy’s Birthday Interview

As I did with Ty, I decided to have Lucy answer a few questions about herself on her birthday.  Hopefully, we will continue this tradition over the coming years and one day have an interesting compilation of answers to look back on.  I think it will be fun to see how the kids’ interests, personalities, and dreams change as they mature.

In the interest of time, I’ve selected just a few of the more interesting questions/answers to share with y’all.  Enjoy!

IMG_2921 - Copy (533x800)

  1. One thing I learned to do this year was hula hoop on my arm.
  2. If I could change one thing that happed this year it would be I would not be a bad sister.
  3. My favorite subject in school is crafts.
  4. The best thing that happened to me this year was I became a Christian.
  5. I love my mom because she teaches me schoolwork.
  6. I love my dad because he goes swimming with us.

    IMG_2926 - Copy (534x800)
  7. My favorite Bible story is Noah and the Ark and about the golden calf.
  8. Three of my best qualities are:
    1. helping with Tacy
    2. doing good schoolwork for Mama
    3. helping Mama clean up
  9. My favorite drink is Purple Crush, thanks to Papa.
  10. My idea of the perfect day is baking a cake or cupcakes with Mama.
  11. If I had $1,000 I would buy a whole Barbie house.
  12. My favorite memory is Tacy being born.
  13. When I grow up I want to be a mama.

IMG_2928 - Copy (534x800)

My favorite answers have got to be numbers 12 and 13.  It’s true.  Lucy is destined to be a mom.  She talks about it constantly.

(If you missed Ty’s birthday interview you can check it out here.)

We finally had Lucy’s birthday party this weekend, even though all five of us have awful colds.  Ugh!  Who gets a cold in July??  Anyway, it was about a billion degrees at the party, but the kiddos had fun.  I took tons of pictures, so I hope to get around to editing and sharing them with y’all soon.  Although, I expect to be pressed for time this week, since I’m planning to start our school.

What?

Gasp!

Yes, I’ve been prepping like a dooms-dayer for over a month, and I think I’ve finally got everything ready to begin.  Supplies are stocked and organized, textbooks are in, and old materials are packed and put away.  I’m ready!

I’m super excited about the new year, mostly because Ty will be using some new curriculum for science, history, spelling… OK, he’ll be using new curriculum for everything except math.  I’ll save the details for another post, but we are looking forward to a more relaxed, involved, hands-on, activity-driven, Christ-centered school year.  I can’t wait!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment