Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, June 13, 2015

My Not-So-Little Boy

I can’t believe I let Ty’s birthday sneak by without mentioning it here on the blog.  Yes, Ty celebrated his 11th birthday a couple of weeks ago. 

That’s just a little too close to the teenage years if you ask me!

You may remember that I have a tradition of taking the monkeys’ pictures at their exact time of their birth each year.  This year Ty had his two best friends over for some birthday fun, so I had them all get together for the annual picture. 

IMG_5216 (533x800)

Ty has know these two his whole life.  They are a great bunch of kids, and they all get along so well.  I am thankful God has provided Ty with Christian friends to grow up with.

Now for a picture of just Ty.  He’s such a handsome guy, on the inside and out!  (If you’d like to see birthday pics from years past you can check those out here.)

IMG_5207 (2) (533x800)

You won’t meet another boy with a heart as tender as Ty’s.  Sure he’s not perfect, just ask his sister.  He could worry the horns off a billy goat, as my grandmother used to say.  But Ty is the most kind, honest, polite, considerate little boy I’ve ever met.  And most importantly he loves the Lord!  God has been working on Ty’s heart a lot this past year.  It’s been a difficult journey at some points, but it’s been a joy to watch Ty mature spiritually.  I’m excited to see how God will continue to grow and use Ty for His purposes.

What about Ty’s birthday party?

Well, some time last winter, the Tool Man and I decided it might be easier nice to combine Ty’s and Lucy’s birthday parties.  So this year, half way between the two birthdays, we will be throwing a Star Wars/Minnie Mouse party for both monkeys.

IMG_5209 (800x521)

The big party is only one week away, so we will be super busy cleaning, crafting, and cooking over the next several days.  I am beginning to question whether a combined party was actually the easiest route.  It’s kind of tricky melding two separate themes into one congruous celebration, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve.  Stay tuned for lots of party pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment