Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, September 4, 2016

All-American Girl Birthday

 IMG_6899 - Copy (521x800)

Hello, y’all.  Today I want to share some photos from Lucy’s 7th birthday party.  This year we celebrated Lucy’s birthday a couple of weeks early because I was expecting a baby the week of her actual birthday.

Months ago Lucy decided she wanted an All-American party.  That’s a terrific theme for someone whose birthday is in July.  There is no shortage of red, white, and blue party supplies at that time of year.

Since I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, I recruited some help prepping for the party.  Ty and Lucy were in charge of making white chocolate dipped pretzels.  As you can see, Lucy couldn’t resist doing a little taste test of her work.

IMG_6895 - Copy (800x533)

I made myself keep the food and decor pretty simple for this party, but I did want to give Lucy an awesome cake.  It’s been quite a while (years) since I’ve done any serious cake decorating.  It was nice to know that I still had it in me!

IMG_6904 - Copy (800x533)

IMG_6909 - Copy (533x800)

Like I mentioned earlier, I kept the decorating pretty simple – red and white table cloths, a few streamers, and some stars scattered around the tables were just about it.

IMG_6914 - Copy (800x533)

Y’all know nothing says America like a hot dog feast!  Along with the hot dogs, the party guests enjoyed corn on the cob, strawberries, chips, and dips.

IMG_6915 - Copy (800x534)

IMG_6916 - Copy (800x533)

In addition to inviting her friends to the party, Lucy asked the girls to bring along their favorite dolls.  Lucy and I made some patriotic, doll-sized tutus and hats as party favors for the girls.  During the party, the girls also made personalized necklaces for their dolls.

IMG_6923 - Copy (800x533)

While shopping around for party decorations, I stumbled across a package of cupcake sparklers.  Score!  We stuck a sparkler in the top of Lucy’s cake while we sang Happy Birthday to her.  It was awesome!

IMG_6929 - Copy (533x800)

IMG_6930 - Copy (800x533)

A few gifts Lucy received for her birthday were manicure supplies, Bath & Body Works products, a jumbo pack of gel pens with a Scripture coloring book, doll clothes and accessories, a pair of sandals, and a pretty little gray kitten.  We adopted the kitten from a local shelter, and he has turned out to be the sweetest cat I’ve ever seen.  Lucy named him Whiskers.

IMG_6935 - Copy (533x800)

Happy birthday, sweet girl.  We sure do love you!

IMG_6932 - Copy (800x533)

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment