Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Cake

I almost forgot to show y’all the other cake I made last weekend. This one was for Garret. It’s a chocolate cake filled with vanilla buttercream. The court is rolled fondant that I scored with the back of a knife to look like a wood floor. I piped the lines on the court with royal icing. (I was having a little trouble keeping my hand steady while I was piping, so the lines are a little more “wiggly” than I would have liked.)

IMG_8632 (800x533)

For the goals, I “cheated,” meaning they aren’t edible. I used foam board for the backboards and wooden skewers for the poles. The rims are made out of gum paste, and the nets are pieces of cheesecloth.

IMG_8637 (800x533)

You might have noticed that I did not put a boy slam dunking on this cake. Hey, I’m not a miracle worker. With two cakes to make for the same party, I knew that attempting such a task would make me absolutely crazy. Instead I focused on making a neat, clean basketball court.

Both boys loved their cakes! I think the guests had a difficult time deciding which of the two cakes they wanted to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment