Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Moment We’ve All Been Waiting For

…and some of you, apparently, have been awaiting more than others. (I’m not naming any names here, but you know how you are J.D. Winking smile)

I’m sorry I left y’all hanging in the balance the last few days. I teased you with pictures of the nearly completed “cage,” and then neglected to update you on the finished product. I use the word “finished” rather loosely here as there are still a few things that need to be completed up there.

First things first. You remember the carpet fiasco, right? Well, thankfully the new carpet is 100% better! Thicker, softer, comfy-er. I took a few side-by-side pictures to show you the difference between the two. It’s a little difficult to tell from the pictures just how bad the first carpet was, but trust me, it was B-A-D!

The new carpet is on the left. Notice it’s a little darker too, which is a good thing since it is in the monkey cage after all.

IMG_8568 (800x533)

Ty hit the nail on the head when he observed that the backing of the new carpet was softer than the top of the old stuff! Really, it was.

Really.

Once again, the new is on the left, and the old is on the right in this photo.

IMG_8576 (800x533)

Now I have the task of decorating the rooms. Yikes! It’s a blank canvas, and I’m scared to death I’ll make a mistake. It’s a classic case of perfectionism leading to procrastination. Rather than risk hanging a picture in the wrong spot, I’ll just keep putting off hanging it at all. And six months later those pictures will be propped up against that same wall.

Uggh! I won’t let that happen. I will hang those pictures!

IMG_8544 (800x533)

A little history behind these hangings…

The one on the left is a children’s fabric book that belonged to my mother. I’m not saying it’s an antique, but………

The one on the right was stitched for my paw-in-law when the Tool Man was a little monkey himself. It’s a poem about fathers and sons.

The big one in the middle was my daddy’s. It’s a little cape he and his brothers used to wear when their father cut their hair. How neat is that?!

IMG_8556 (800x533)

Ty absolutely loves his new room. It’s so….roomy! He and Lucy have had a blast running and playing up there, rolling and spinning around, acting like, well, monkeys.

IMG_8547 (800x533)

Another bit of history…

This creepy little doll belonged to my mother. She named it Aunt Myrt, after, you guessed it, her Aunt Myrt. And I discovered the clown doll in my dad’s cedar chest.

IMG_8551 (533x800)

One of the unfinished projects…the bathroom flooring. I’m going to either paint or whitewash the wood. Haven’t made my mind up yet…

IMG_8558 (533x800)

Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed the little tour! Slowly but surely things are coming together. It just occurred to me that you may be wondering about Lucy’s room. Well, her side is empty so far. We did move her crib to Ty’s old room, though, and I am really enjoying not having to tiptoe around in my room while she’s sleeping. Thankfully, she didn’t have any objections to moving. She’s been sleeping like a….baby!

Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment