Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Home Tour–Guest Bath

Let me start by saying a big “THANK YOU” to everyone who left comments on the Kitchen Tour post.  That definitely has been my most popular post since starting this blog, and it has been so much fun getting to read your reactions to the space.  I hope that y’all will enjoy the next tour equally as much.

I have to admit that I sort of freaked out a little bit when it came to deciding which room to share with y’all next.  There aren’t many rooms in my home that I would look at and say, “Yes, this room is complete.  It’s what I have envisioned for the space, and I’m eager to share it with the world.”  Luckily, the guest bath did come to mind.  It is probably the one room in our home which I consider to be the most near complete, and that is likely due to the fact that it is the smallest room in the house.

Did I mention that we will have a tour guide today?  OK Lucy, open the door.

IMG_1973 (2) (533x800)

Wait!

Before we go inside, let’s take a look at the entrance, shall we.  Remember the old hotel that I told you about in the kitchen post.  Well, I want to point out a couple of features that we scored from up there – the glass paneled door and the “Bath” sign.

This old sign just may be my favorite part of this room.

IMG_1974 (2) (800x532)

OK, now we can go in.

Not the most intriguing subject matter here, but let’s face it, this is kind of an important part of the bathroom…

IMG_1947 (2) (533x800)

The artwork above the toilet was created by yours truly.  These pieces are a couple of projects that I had to do for a basic design course in college.  I thought the black and white nature of the prints matched well with the space.

IMG_1966 (2) (533x800)

How’s this for a no-sew café curtain?  I just ran a length of 1/8” ribbon through the holes in the eyelet to make a rod pocket to hang this curtain.

IMG_1969 (2) (800x533)

IMG_1937 (2) (534x800)

Can you guess what I used to make this shelf?…

IMG_1941 (2) (521x800)

…A discarded drawer that I found at a flea market.  Grand total - $2!

IMG_1943 (2) (736x800)

I gave the drawer coat of white paint, distressed it a little, of course, then covered the back with some fabric scraps I had left over from the window treatment.  I think it’s the perfect touch of shabby “chic-ness.”

IMG_1962 (2) (533x800)

I picked up this mirror at flea market for $10.  The glass has a lot of spots on it where the silver is chipping off the back, but I don’t mind. (So that’s not toothpaste splatters all over the glass! Ha ha.)  All I did to the mirror was clean it up a bit and paint the frame black.

IMG_1944 (2) (533x800)

Now, check out the vanity.  I was determined not to have a standard, run-of-the-mill cabinet in here.  I searched high and low at every antique store and flea market within a 100 mile radius looking for the perfect piece.  After months of looking, I finally stumbled across this dry sink.  It was the perfect size, and I loved the white marble top.  Although, it took a lot of guts to get out the saw and cut a whole in that beautiful marble in order to install the sink.  Eek!

  IMG_1961 (2) (533x800)

Isn’t this the most adorable faucet ever.  I love the charm it adds to the room!

IMG_1959 (2) (800x534)

This cabinet is yet another flea market find, perfect for corralling towels and toiletry items.

IMG_1939 (2) (533x800)

Well, that wraps up the tour for today.  Hope you enjoyed our visit to the “throne room.” Hee hee.

Linking to:

Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple

Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative

Ta-Da Tuesday @ Mommy by Day Crafter by Night

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That...well you, are amazing. When you come to my house DO NOT look very hard. I may have to hire you one day (when I'm rich...ha ha) to decorate my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that vanity! Totally worth the time and effort in the search! Great room!

    Holly
    lifeasathrifter.blogspot.com
    Hope you'll stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo charming- love your door- I have one just like it on one of our bathrooms in our old house too!! They are wonderful! Would love for you to share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there- just stopping back by to say thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! Hope you'll come share again soon!

    ReplyDelete