Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lucky 7

I’m a bad blogger, I know. I let an anniversary AND a birthday go by last week without even mentioning them.


The Tool Man and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last Thursday. Wow! Ten years. I can hardly believe that. It seems like it’s been only two minutes…………....under water. Ha Ha! Just kidding.


And then there’s this business of Ty turning 7. Talk about hard to believe! Where has the time gone? He’s still supposed to be a little baby. I can remember being his age and thinking that there was a big distinction between a 6 year old and a 7 year old. I don’t know why, but I always felt that this birthday marked the transition between being a “little” kid and being a “big” kid. I guess that means my little monkey is a big monkey now.


I think I mentioned to y’all once before that every year I take a picture of Ty at the exact time of his birth.


Well this year I forgot!!!!!


Not. (I’m sorry. Was that mean?)


No, I didn’t forget. Are you kidding? I even had timers set to go off just in case I lost track of time.


2:11 PM. Thank heavens he wasn’t born at 2:11 AM!


So here they are…well, most of them anyway. I’m having a hard time tracking down these pictures. Our digital photos are scattered among at least three different laptops. (Note to self: Organize digital photo files.) So I had to leave out Ty’s “exactly 2” and “exactly 4” pictures.


Here’s my monkey right after I “laid him. Ha ha. That’s what Ty calls it, anyway. Not the best picture in the world, but I think it’s the first one we ever took of him.


IMG_3076 (2) (800x600)


And just in case you didn’t notice…


He was BLUE! That little stinker wouldn’t breathe. He got over that though.


Obviously.


Here’s a better picture of him, right before he turned yellow. Yep, he went from blue to yellow. Jaundice. I guess you could say he was my little rainbow baby.


IMG_3124 (2) (600x800)


One year old and waiting in line at the airport to go on his first cruise. Life ain’t fair, is it?


IMG_4181 (2) (600x800)


Two years old. I haven’t been able to find his “exactly two” picture yet. This particular photo was taken at his birthday party, which was actually a couple of weeks after his second birthday.


IMG_0932 (2) (533x800)


Three years old. And just back from his second cruise. Life really ain’t fair!


IMG_3437 (2) (533x800)


Four years old……….still looking……….


Five years old!


IMG_0723 (2) (533x800)


Six years old.


IMG_4993 (2) (532x800)


And Lucky Number 7!


IMG_0050 (2) (533x800)


Lulu was dying to get in on the picture-taking.


IMG_0057 (2) (800x533)


Sorry it’s been so long since I last put something up for y’all. I’ve been so busy planning a birthday party and getting ready for VBS that I don’t really have any new pictures to share. We are planning on doing a little home improvement around here this holiday weekend, so hopefully, I’ll get to show you a few pictures of that soon. And of course there’ll be tons of birthday party photos to share with everyone later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment