Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, May 14, 2011

You’re Getting Very Hungry………

Y’all are going to be craving something sweet after reading this post. The Tool Man and I are working on getting some pictures of my pies and cakes for some advertising for Fox’s. Some customers seem to have a hard time believing that these desserts are really homemade. So we figured what better way to prove it than to take some pictures of me “homemaking” them.


IMG_9908 (2) (800x533)


IMG_9919 (2) (800x533)


IMG_9921 (2) (800x533)


IMG_9928 (2) (800x533)


IMG_9923 (2) (800x533)


IMG_9944 (2) (800x533)


I think it’s only fair to warn you that the following pictures may cause your stomach to start growling.


My first Apple Pie in the pizza oven. It turned out PERFECT!!! No one was more surprised than me. It ain’t easy to cook anything but pizza in a pizza oven. The oven has blowers spaced throughout that blast the top of the pizza with hot air. This is good for pizza. But for pies and cakes? Not so much. So you’ve got to be mighty particular about how you cook in there.


IMG_9951 (2) (800x533)


Strawberry Cream Pie. Tastes like strawberry cheesecake ice cream…Yummo! (I used to get that at the Derrick all the time.) This pie sells like crazy. We can’t keep enough of it on hand.


IMG_9966 (2) (800x533)


The Tool Man’s favorite…Lemon Meringue Pie. Another thing about pizza ovens…the cooking space is very “short.” The first meringue pie I tried to cook in there was too tall to fit in the oven.


IMG_9973 (2) (800x533)


One of my favorites…Hershey Bar Cake. Cakes are terribly hard to cook in the pizza oven. The blowers I mentioned earlier cause the cakes to cook very unevenly. I’ve had cakes come out a whole inch thicker on one end than the other.


IMG_9990 (2) (800x533)


IMG_9977 (2) (800x533)


Hope I haven’t made you too hungry.


My mission for the day is to find a great recipe for a cheesecake and bake it. Whoop! Whoop! That is my all time most favorite dessert ever!!! Just cheesecake. No cherries. No strawberry sauce. Not even chocolate. Just cheesecake! Picadilly has the best. One of the best presents I ever got was when my dad secured a whole cheesecake from the Picadilly for me the day Lucy was born. I say “secured” because the Picadilly had caught on fire the night before, and they were closed for business. I don’t know how he did it, but he got me that cheesecake. Miraculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment