Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, August 12, 2011

Baby Shower Cupcakes

For my latest baking adventure, I did something a little bit out of the ordinary for me….


IMG_1317 (2) (800x533)



CUPCAKES!!!


I usually get requests for cakes, so I welcomed the opportunity to try something a bit different.


IMG_1349 (2) (800x533)



The decorations were inspired by the shower invitation – a sweet little bird theme in pink, teal, and orange.


IMG_1355 (2) (532x800)



I made 36 of these miniature beauties for the ladies to enjoy.


Six each of six different styles.


Here are some close-ups of a few of my favorite designs.


IMG_1319 (2) (800x533)


IMG_1322 (2) (800x534)


IMG_1321 (2) (800x533)


IMG_1324 (2) (800x533)


IMG_1344 (2) (800x533)


Cupcakes seem to be the new “thing” these days. I can certainly see why. They’re so little and cute and easy. I really enjoyed making these. Hopefully I’ll get to try my hand at more cupcakes in the future.


Linking to:


Weekend Wrap-up @ Tatertots and Jello, Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime, Muffin Mondays

6 comments:

  1. Wow--these are amazing! They turned out so beautifully and they match the invite perfectly! I love the frosting underneath and the fondant work is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely adorable! I especially love how you did the squiggle of frosting, THEN the decoration! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sweet treats of perfection! I adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! Please share by linking the up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. Thanks!

    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-breakfast-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... how cute are these? I love them!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete