Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome to Tot School

Well, I finally found my card reader, so as promised, here are a few pictures from our first week back in school. Actually, these pictures focus more on Lucy and her very first week of Tot School.


IMG_1182 (2) (533x800)


Our theme for the week is ponds. We started with this because Ty’s arithmetic curriculum is centered on a particular theme every six weeks, and the first one is ponds. For Lucy, I also chose to focus on the letter L and the color green.


Here’s Lucy first experience with her new Do-a-Dot paints. I must admit I put off getting out the paints because I was a bit nervous about a two-year-old and anything with the word “paint” on it.


But my worry was all for naught. Lucy loved the paint, and so did I! And so did Ty!


IMG_1197 (2) (533x800)


IMG_1159 (2) (533x800)


Lucy did so great with the paint. In the photo above, she was dotting the L’s on the leaf. I demonstrated the first one for her, and she picked right up on the concept and dotted all the rest lickety split.


IMG_1174 (2) (800x533)


Then she got a little carried away and just kept on dotting and dotting, which was totally fine. She was having a blast.


IMG_1176 (2) (533x800)


Next I got out the letter L tracing sheets, and Ty demonstrated the correct strokes to make. I love that he was playing the role of teacher.


IMG_1177 (2) (800x534)


To my surprise, Lucy actually listened to her big brother and followed his directions, “Down and across.”


IMG_1181 (2) (800x533)


An action shot. She was dotting so fast!


IMG_1185 (2) (800x533)


So proud of her paper. She had found all the leaves on the letter L’s.


IMG_1186 (2) (800x533)


I had put this t-shirt of Ty’s on Lucy to protect her clothes from would be painting mishaps. But I’m happy to report there were none.


IMG_1190 (2) (533x800)


Isn’t this the sweetest picture? A little deceiving though.Winking smile


I’ll try to get pictures of some other Tot School activities. I also want to show y’all our new classroom and some of Ty’s work. He’s doing so well! We’re off to a great start. Ty even used the words “school” and “fun” in the same sentence the other day. Wow! And he’s even taken to affectionately calling me, “School Mom.” Ha.

1 comment: