Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trash to Treasure

What do you see when you look at this picture? An ugly cardboard box, right?

IMG_8394 (800x533)

Wrong!

Put on your creative glasses and keep reading…)

Step 1: Butcher the box.

IMG_8395 (800x533)

Step 2: Cover the box. Everything’s better with burlap!

IMG_8400 (800x533)

Step 3: Add a little “fru-fru.” I gathered a scrap piece of denim I had leftover from another project.

IMG_8406 (533x800)

Step 4: Decide what you want to say. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I wanted to make something to do with love…the Greatest Love. I used freezer paper to stencil the words onto the burlap. Just cut the design out of freezer paper, iron the paper shiny-side-down into place, and paint. Peel away the paper to reveal a perfect print.

IMG_8408 (533x800)

Step 5 & 6: Add the main ingredient and hang to enjoy!

IMG_8409 (533x800)

I just love crafting on the cheap. "Smile

P.S. I'm linking to these parties.

Made with Love at Sew Chatty

Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime

Marketplace Monday at Finding Fabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment