Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, January 4, 2013

A Merry Little Christmas

Once again it’s been way too long since I last blogged.  All of the holiday hooplah just doesn’t leave much extra time.  Thank goodness for a two week Christmas break from school, otherwise I’d be a crazy woman!  Anyway, I’m popping in today to give you a quick update on our Christmas activities.

First on the list is Christmas morning.

I’m pretty sure that my two monkeys were the only children in America the world that slept late on Christmas morning.  The Tool Man and I actually had to wake them up around 8:00.  Even then they just drug themselves downstairs and went straight to the couch.  We had to encourage them to open their presents.  Weirdos.

IMG_7516 - Copy (533x800)

The presents before the pandemonium…

IMG_7531 - Copy (800x533)

Let the ripping and tearing begin!

IMG_7550 - Copy (800x534)

One of the main things Ty asked for this Christmas was a slingshot.  I sure hope he doesn’t “shoot his eye out.”

IMG_7540 - Copy (534x800)

Miss Lucy’s Christmas list was topped with a pink Barbie and a puppy…a pretend puppy.

IMG_7563 - Copy (533x800)

I love my babies’ faces on Christmas morning.  Swollen eyes and puffy cheeks.  So sweet!

IMG_7535 - Copy (800x533)

Ty was just a little excited about these Trash Packs. Love the expression!

IMG_7553 - Copy (533x800)

Lucy got some paper doll books, nail polish, socks, apples, oranges, peppermint sticks, press-on nails, and stick-on earrings in her stocking.

IMG_7568 - Copy (800x791)

IMG_7569 - Copy (533x800)

Both monkeys got a Dream Lite for their rooms.  I’m pretty sure these little lights kept the monkeys up an extra 2 hours the first night they used them.  We may have to “lose” the batteries for these things.

IMG_7585 - Copy (800x533)

By far the greatest hit, as far as Christmas gifts went this year, was a Mario costume for Ty.  I’m pretty sure Santa picked this little gem up at Wal-Mart for a mere $2 on the Halloween clearance aisle. Without a doubt, the best $2 Santa has ever spent!  But don’t take my word for it.  Take a look for yourself.

IMG_7588 - Copy (533x800)

IMG_7589 - Copy (533x800)

IMG_7590 - Copy (533x800)

IMG_7591 - Copy (533x800)

What a nut!  Just like his Dad.  Ty wore this suit half the day.  Thankfully it looks like he will outgrow it by February.  Ha ha!

Well, that takes care of all the Santa fun.  After the monkeys opened their gifts, my mom, dad, brother, and sister-in-law came over for our annual Christmas morning breakfast.  Yummy to my tummy!  Waffles, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, eggs, and polenta (our fancy name for grits).  We really should do breakfast like this more than once a year.  It’s my favorite meal of the day.

More Christmas pictures to come….at least that’s the plan anyway!

Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Finally! I was just logging on to think about blogging myself and WOO HOO you had posted a new one! So thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete