Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

All I Want for Christmas

Surprise! I’m back.  Sorry about the recent break from blogging.  Between schoolwork and housework and prepping for holiday fun, I haven’t even thought about my blog lately.  But when I woke up bright-eyed at 4:30 this morning, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to sneak in a post.

I’m still doing a terrible job of taking pictures of the monkeys.   But there was no way I would miss capturing a few shots of Lucy pulling her first front tooth a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_6389 (2) (533x800)

Now believe me when I tell you that it was high time for this tooth to come out!  Lucy’s front teeth had begun to spread apart, and this tooth had migrated to front and center.  Not only had it centered itself up, but it insisted on protruding from between her lips.  Lucy loved to close her mouth with only that tooth sticking out past her lips.  More than one person told her that she looked like Nanny McPhee.  (By the way, we’ve never seen than movie, but I hear it’s a good one.)

IMG_6398 (3) (800x533)

After a few unsuccessful attempts to pull the tooth with her fingers, the Tool Man decided to give the old floss trick a try.

IMG_6420 (2) (533x800)

Despite our best attempts to get the big moment on video, Lucy snatched out the tooth a split second before the Tool Man could push record.

IMG_6423 (2) (800x533)

IMG_6427 (2) (800x533)

Good ol’ Tacy Mae was there by Lucy’s side, cheering her along.  She’s such a funny girl.

IMG_6431 (2) (533x800)

Now that looks much better.  No more wayward, hillbilly tooth!  Lucy is super excited that she can now drink from a straw without actually having to open her mouth. Oh, the perks of missing teeth!

IMG_6434 (2) (533x800)

Lucy’s second front tooth will be ready to come out soon I think.  Who knows?  She may indeed be needing those “two front teeth” for Christmas this year.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment