Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Birthday Interview, Continued

I finally coaxed Ty into completing his birthday questionnaire. (If you missed the first half of his interview, you can find it here.)  I think he enjoyed answering a few questions about himself.  I could tell he was really putting some thought into it.

IMG_1779 (2) (800x534)

So here are Ty’s answers to the remaining questions:

13.  I love my mom because she makes me breakfast, loves me, bakes, and much, much more.

14.  I love my dad because he gave me life and more.

15. I like to go to Papa and Sandy’s house because they have a hot tub and much, much more.

16. I like to go to Pappaw and Grammie’s house because they are just fun and much, much more.

17. My favorite Bible story is Jonah in the big fish.

18. Something I need to work on improving about myself is how reluctant I am at school.

19. Three of my best qualities are:

a. I’m a good sport.

b. I’m a good math worker.

c. I’m good at making friends.

20. My favorite season is May(season?) because it’s my birth month.

21. My idea of the perfect day is no rain, no school, and a lot of swimming.

22. My bedtime is 9:00 and I sleep with a pillow and a blanket.

23. My favorite drink is Sprite.

24. My favorite movie is I don’t have a clue.

25. My favorite cereal is Cocoa Puffs.

26. For my birthday I would like a new phone.

27. If I had $1,000 I would buy an iPad and a car and much, much more.

Obviously I have to comment on a few of his answers.

First, to question 14… Seriously, Ty??  Sure, Dad had a little something to do with it, but a nod to Mom would have been nice. Ha ha.

To answer question 24, I would say that Ty’s favorite movie is Wall-E.

Question 25.  Yes, Ty likes Cocoa Puffs, but he probably would opt for plain-Jane Cheerios if given the choice.

Question 26.  A phone?? Ain’t happening.  Sorry, Buddy.

And according to his answer to question 27, Ty has a lot to learn about how far (or not so far) money goes.

Well, that was fun.  I hope to continue the birthday interview tradition for years to come.  It’ll be fun to see how Ty’s answers change over time.

IMG_1775 (2) (800x533)

Now I need to get to work on planning Ty’s birthday party.  We’ve been on the road so much already this summer, that I’ve had to push his party out a few weeks.  Ty finally decided he wanted a Duck Dynasty party.  I was thrilled he still requested a themed party.  I’m afraid that he’s about to outgrow big birthday parties, but at least I got one more year out of him.  It should be an easy party to plan.  We’re keeping it small, and I’m sure we already own enough camo to decorate the entire house.  Hey, all I need to make is a cake and some sweet tea, Jack!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment