Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Ty!

This week my sweet boy celebrated his 10th birthday.

Wow!

Ten years.

A decade!

While it’s hard to believe I’ve been a mom that long, I can barely remember life before motherhood.  Becoming a mother changes so much about you.  Your thoughts, worries, fears, priorities, sleep habits… I could go on and on.

But enough about me.  Let’s talk about my buddy.

Now you know I didn’t forget the annual “exact time of birth” picture.  Ty was born at 2:11 in the afternoon.  Today Ty was swimming in our new pool with Lucy and his best friend, Luke.

IMG_1776 (2) (800x533)

IMG_1784 (2) (800x534)

I’m amazed at how much older Ty is looking these days.  I don’t know if it’s his new set of braces or what, but his looks have changed so much in the past few months.  Gone are the soft round baby cheeks.  And in their place is a more chiseled and structured appearance.  He’s turning out to be quite the handsome little man.

IMG_1773 (2) (800x533)

This year I decided to start a new birthday tradition.  I’ve seen these things called “birthday interviews” on Pinterest.  Basically, you get your kid to answer a few questions about himself each year on his birthday.  Over the years, it’s fun to go back and see how your children’s answers have changed as they’ve aged.  (Sure do wish I would have started doing this when Ty was 3 instead of 10.  Oh, well.  Better late than never.)  I could have simply chosen one of the dozens of free printable interviews available on Pinterest, but I decided to make up my own list of questions –  including some that would probe a little deeper and would, perhaps, mean a little more in the years to come.  I ended up with 30 questions in all.

At first Ty grumbled when I told him about the interview.  After all, it’s just a little too much like homework.  Once he started, however, he admitted it was fun.  I only made him complete about half of the questions so far, so I’ll share those today.  Ty’s answers are in red.  As you will see he altered a few of the questions.  I’ll post the rest of the interview when he finishes up.

Ty’s 10th Birthday Interview:

  1. My favorite colors is are red, green, and blue.
  2. I love to eat fruit!!!!! for breakfast.
  3. My best friends is are Luke, Jake, Jared, and Sam.
  4. For fun I like to ski, hunt, (and) play the Wii, DS, and Nintendo.
  5. When I grow up I want to be a worker at my dad’s pizza business.
  6. One thing I learned this year was to learn how to go fast in a kayak race.
  7. If I could change one thing that happened this past year it would be all my lies. (OK, now I’m worried!)
  8. I was in the 4th grade this year.  My teacher was my mom.
  9. Something I learned in school this year was how to convert (fractions, decimals, and measurements.)
  10. My favorite subjects in school is are science and history.
  11. If I could go anywhere in the world I would choose China because I want to see all the toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (He’s just figured out that’s where most of his toys are made.)
  12. The best thing that happened to me this year was getting a pool!

1 comment: