Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, May 9, 2014

Tacy Mae–7 Months

 

Lucky 7!!!

Tacy is well past the half-way point of her first year now, and this month was full of new tricks and surprises.  She is really beginning to make that transition from infant to toddler.

IMG_1623 (2) (533x800)

My chunky monkey weighed in at 17 lbs. 12 oz. this month, which means she’s quite a load to carry around.  Luckily, Tacy has learned to sit up.  Usually, I am able to sit Tacy on a pallet with a few toys (or kitchen gadgets), and she will entertain herself long enough for me to cook supper or fold clothes or blog.

Usually.

I’d be lying if I didn’t say that she’d much rather be held.

By me.

All the time.

Sorry, Dad.

IMG_1629 (2) (533x800)

Let’s see.  What else is Tacy up to this month?

Well, eating for one.  In addition to nursing at least 5 times a day, Tacy’s eating baby food, rice cereal, baby rice cakes, mashed bananas and strawberries, oatmeal, and even avocado.  I am determined to get Tacy to eat better than her brother and sister.  And by “better” I mean something besides chicken and pizza and sugar.  I’m talking vegetables!  Which means I’m trying to keep the sugary foods away from her as long as possible, so she can develop a taste for the more savory things first.  I would love to have at least one kiddo who would munch on a stalk of broccoli or share a bowl of salad with me.

IMG_1646 (2) (533x800)

If she’s going to be munching on veggies, Tacy will need some teeth, right?  Her first little bottom tooth made it’s appearance on April 26.  I knew it was about time because of all the drooling and chewing she’s been doing lately.  She. Chews. Everything.  From toes to pens to iPhones, if she can reach it, she will chew it.

It will not be long until nothing is out of Tacy’s reach.  I can already see the wheels turning in her head.  She’s thinking hard about getting mobile.  She’ll stare at a toy that’s just out of reach, stretching and bending as far as she can until she topples over.  Once she’s on her tummy she pushes up on her hands, but she hasn’t quite figured out how to pull her knees under her yet.  When she does though, watch out!  It’ll be on like a chicken bone.  I may have to implement the cage play pen then.

IMG_1653 (2) (533x800)

Tacy’s turning out to be quite a talker too.  She “goo-goo’s” and “ga-ga’s” a lot. It’s so sweet the way she babbles.  I love those happy, baby noises.

Another trick Tacy learned this month:  clapping her hands.  If you sing “Pat-a-Cake” or say, “Yay, Tacy Mae,” she will clap her hands together for you.  She’s so smart!

Tacy is really beginning to pay attention to her big brother and sister now.  The first time Tacy sees them each morning, she smiles from ear to ear.  I think she loves those kids already.  They always make her laugh with their funny faces and weird noises.

IMG_1666 (2) (800x533)

There were a couple of experience this month that weren’t so great.  Tacy had her first illnesses.  When I took Tacy in for her six month check-up she had an awful, double ear infection.  I say “awful” because that’s the exact word the doctor used to describe it.  I had no idea there was anything wrong with her ears.  Tacy never did anything to indicate she was in any pain, so I was totally surprised to hear the doctor say how bad her ears were.

Only one week after her ears healed, Tacy got Coxsackie Virus.  What a weird name, right?  She developed a spotty rash on her hands, feet, face, tummy (basically everywhere), small blisters on her throat, hives, a runny nose, a cough, and was generally grumpy.  Who could blame her for being grumpy?  The virus interfered with her sleeping habits for a few days, but thankfully she was back to her routine in 3-4 days time.

IMG_1627 (2) (533x800)

One last thing worth mentioning is Tacy’s first flea market adventure.  That’s right.  I took Tacy and Lucy with me to Canton, TX, this April for a few days of shopping with the girls.  Tacy did great!  I can’t stress that enough.  Tacy was a perfect angel.  She slept the entire trip over there and back (a three hour journey, one way).  And while we were out shopping she was the sweetest thing.  Mostly she rode around in style, strapped onto me with the Moby Wrap.  It was a win-win situation.  My hands were free to shop, and she had the best seat in the house.  She was only hungry when it was time for everyone else to stop and eat, and when it was her nap time, she went to sleep strapped right on my chest.  I really couldn’t have asked for better, baby behavior.  Thanks, Tacy!

Well, I guess that about wraps it up for this month.  I wonder what surprises Tacy has in store for us next.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment