Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Surprise for Me! Yippee!

Wanna hear some exciting news?

I've got a brand new Brother!!!

No, it's not a miracle of modern medicine.  Ha!

I'm talking about a sewing machine.  Out of the goodness of his heart, the Tool Man decided it was time for me to have a new machine.  You see, my old machine was, well, a worn out piece of junk.  Don't get me wrong.  We had some good times together.  I've sewn curtains, pillows, blankets, baby clothes, you name it, with that thing.  Over the past 9 years I've gotten my money's worth out of that machine...all $99 of it!  Ha!  But there comes a time in a girl's life when she wants more than just a straight stitch.  I wanted something with a few more bells and whistles.
A couple of weeks ago, the Tool Man took me to a local shop to check out some embroidery/sewing machines.  After much deliberation we settled on this beauty.


Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!  Isn't she gorgeous?
A Brother Innov-is 2800.  I think I'll call her Kathie Lee! ;)

And here she is all dress up, ready to embroider some fantabulous design!


So now I've got a lot of sewing to do.  I haven't been able to sew too much yet, but as the pizza business begins to work itself out, I'm finding more time to waste spend with Kathie Lee.  (I am beginning to notice that I've fallen behind in my housework since her arrival.)  It's gonna take some practice for me to be able to learn how to use her.  She's a little more complicated than my last machine.

Here are a couple things I've created with KL so far.

The beginnings of a Halloween outfit for Lucy Lee.
Some wide-leg ruffle pants for you-know-who.

Is it just me or does Lucy seem to be getting the most benefit from this machine?

I've got a few more projects in the works, so I'll show you those when they're done.

P.S.  Did you happen to see the picture of the cute little girl in the background of the first photo above?  It's me circa 1984!

2 comments:

  1. Great Content here some tips regarding HP Printer, We support all types of HP printer troubleshooting and service.Just enter the model number of your printer in www.123.hp.com to identify the software and drivers your printer requires.Download and install it in your mac and 'Run' the file

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon PrimeVideo is an amazing platform for watching web series, but it's very difficult to activate primevideo.com/mytv on your smart device. Visit Given link to primevideo.com/mytv enter code and enjoy. Visit - primevideo mytv activate

    ReplyDelete