Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, July 31, 2010

100

Have you been outside lately?

HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the worst part is...it's gonna be hotter!  Seven days of 100+ heat.  Drat and double drat!

So, I thought I would help you think cooler thoughts with some memories of our "blizzard" earlier this year.


How many years has it been since it snowed like this?  Nine, maybe?  When he saw these pictures, Ty told me he wants it to snow more.  Sorry, Ty.  It ain't happenin'.  Not here at least.


I got the monkeys all bundled up before we went out to play.  This sort of reminds me of the movie, "A Christmas Story."  "I can't put my arms down!"  Isn't that movie the greatest?  Love the leg lamp!


Lucy wasn't the biggest fan of the snow.  I guess the cold, stinging, wet drops of snow pelting her in the face wasn't her idea of fun.  Oh, well!


The Tool Man and Ty constructed a makeshift sled out of a cardboard box.  No, it didn't work too well.  The snow was too soft.  The "sled" just sank.  Maybe they should have done like some other folks I heard about and pulled the boat behind the tractor.  Can you say red-neck?



Of course we had to build a snowman.  This was the biggest one I've ever built.  My previous record was about 18" tall.  Had you ever seen so many snowmen in all your life?  There was at least one in every yard, and they stayed around for days!


Ty's favorite thing to do with the snow was EAT it.  He must have consumed a gallon!  We made snowcream too.  I'd never had any before, and I thought it was pretty good.  I still think it's a little unsanitary though.  I mean, you wouldn't wanna make lemonade using rain, would you?  I dunno, I guess once every nine years won't hurt you.

Well, I hope all this talk about snow has helped cool you down some.

One other thing.  This post is entitled "100" for another reason too.  This is my 100th post!  Yippee!  When I started this blog I wasn't sure that I would keep it up.  But here I am, 10 months later, still going strong.  I didn't know I had that much to say!  Thanks everyone for following along.  I love to hear that y'all have been reading.  And a special "Thanks" to Car-Car.  I really love getting comments!

2 comments:

  1. Whew, even tho my thermometer says 98*, I feel so much cooler looking at those snow pics!

    Thanks for the refresher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw; I love reading about my babies! Big and little!!! And whewwwwwww! It IS hot!

    ReplyDelete