Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Party Planning

The little monkey's birthday is this Saturday, and party preparations are in full swing.  Fox's has sort of zapped all of our time and energy the past few weeks, so I was a little worried about being able to pull off a party worthy enough for Lu Lu's first birthday.  Then I had the bright idea of just having Sunday lunch in town, and inviting everyone to join us for a party at a restaurant.  But...........I was gently guilted encouraged to bite the bullet and give her a "real" party.

So I've been taking advantage of every spare minute to get the house ready for a party.

This year's party theme?


I know.  I know.  Clever.  Cute.  Creative.

I've nearly got all of the decorating complete.  Now I could let you believe that I'm being super resourceful by decorating days in advance, but what I'm really doing is putting off the housework as long as I possibly can.

For the menu I've planned chicken spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread.  And for the cake, I decided to make cupcakes!  I've printed out "I Love Lucy" clipart to use as cupcake toppers.  When they are all decorated in red, black, and white they will be so cute.  Can't wait to show y'all some pictures when they're done.

I don't have time right now (got to go make some pizza), but later today, I'll try to post some pictures the party invitations and some of the things I've got decorated so far.

I've got something else fun to show y'all too, but I'm going to let that be a surprise.  Hopefully I'll have time to tell you about it this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment