Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Monday, July 26, 2010

What's Up Down by the Creek?

This morning we made a quick trip to see the doctor...again.  We were just in for Lucy's one year checkup last week (more on that later), but I had to take her back again today.  She's been running fever since Thursday evening.  Since she didn't really have any other symptoms, the Tool Man and I thought we should just wait it out before we took her to the doctor.  I mean, we don't want to be construed as paranoid parents.  Fever can be a good thing after all.  It just means that your body's immune system is working like God designed it, right?  Well, Sunday rolled around, and Lucy was still having bouts of fever, so we took her to the doctor today.

And the verdict?

Ear infection.

Another one!  That makes three!  Unfortunately, I was informed that four ear infections in 12 months constitutes a visit to the ENT.  Uggh!  I really don't want to do the whole tube thing again.  Ty's had two sets, and it's just a pain worrying with those ear plugs.

Let's see...what else has been going on around here?

Construction!

Yep.  We got a little bit more done on the rooms upstairs.  Maybe we'll finish the upstairs before the monkeys graduate high school ;)  I'm just about ready to kick little LuLu out of my room.  Doesn't that sound horrible.  But I really think that we would all sleep better if she was in her own room.

What else?

Shopping!


I was searching for some things for the new rooms this weekend.  I found this really great Dash & Albert throw for Ty's bed.  I'm going for a cottage-y/country look for the kids' rooms, and I thought this would be the perfect thing to dress Ty's bed.  It's so soft, and it's the perfect weight.  Not too heavy, but still warm enough.  I do hate to be hot at night.

My dear mother also talked me into buying some knick knacks for a project for Lucy's room.  I haven't decided on all the details for that one, but once I get it done I'll share it with you.

Scrapbooking!

I've really got to get on the stick with my scrapbooks.  Now that Lucy is one, I've been trying to get her baby book finished up.  I've done a pretty good job keeping up with all of her information for the first year.  Now I'm going back through all the pictures I've taken during the past year and designing some pages to fill her book.  I've only been doing digital pages lately.  I know it sounds lazy, but it makes me tired just thinking about pulling out all those scrapping supplies and cutting, arranging, pasting, etc.  Not to mention having to clean up all that mess.  Whew!  And remember my list?  Scrapbooking is not one of those things you can do while holding a baby.  So, for right now, digital is the way to go.

Return to "Normal"?!

Could it be that our home life is finally beginning to return to its "normal" pre-pizza state?

Maybe?!

I'm doing something tonight that I haven't done in quite a while...COOK!  Exciting isn't it?  (My mom doesn't agree.)  Inspired by my friend, AR, to visit the Pioneer Woman, I'm going to try out a recipe from her collection.  Murphey's Hot Hamburgers  The photo makes my mouth water.  I'll have to let you know how they turn out.

Well, off to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment