Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Monday, January 2, 2012

Bye Bye, Birdie

Hey, y’all.  I’m still working on sorting through all of our Christmas pictures, but in the meantime, I have something else to share with you.

Several weeks ago, Ty and his Pappaw built an old-school bird trap, and Ty set it up in our back yard.  Well, the weeks went by, and no action in the the trap.  That was until a couple of days ago…

I heard Ty screaming from upstairs.  He had spied the trap out his window and noticed that it had been tripped.  We all raced outside, and to Ty’s amazement, he had caught a beautiful, bright red bird!

Bird Cage (2) (478x640)

Try as I might, there was just no way for me to reach in the trap to get the bird.  As soon as I lifted the corner of the trap, out he came hopping across the yard.  I should have known something was up at this point, because any well bird would have flown as fast and as far away as possible.  As it was, though, Ty was able to catch the bird pretty easily.

 

Ty & Bird (2) (478x640)

Lucy was just as excited as Ty and desperately wanted to get her tiny little hands on him.

Lucy, Ty, & Bird (2) (598x800)

Bird Close Up (2) (478x640)

It was about 10 seconds after this photo was taken that the bird kicked the bucket.  I mean just dropped dead!  Faster than you can say “scat” with your mouth open.  I’ll spare you the details and the video (yep, I got the whole scene recorded on video.)  The Tool Man thinks the bird had a heart attack.  Can birds have heart attacks??

I promise, my next post will have a happy ending.

Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the bird was dehydrated from being in the trap or he could have had a heart attack. At least Ty got to catch it long enough for a pic!

    ReplyDelete