Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Three Little Monkeys

It’s only four months late, but I finally got around to taking “Easter” portraits of the monkeys.  Gimme a break!  It was raining on Easter Sunday.  Not that last Sunday’s weather was any more pleasant at an oppressive 103 degrees.  But I figured my time was running out, so I drug the monkeys outside after church and snapped a few pics.

IMG_5927 (2) (800x533)

Picture day with the monkeys was, as always, a chore.  Honestly, these pictures are not the best the monkeys have ever taken.  None of the three of them was in a picture taking mood – heat or no heat.  And no one was quite as dressed up as on actual Easter Sunday.  Shirt…untucked.  Tie…AWOL.  Hair…finger combed. 

IMG_5891 (2) (531x800)

And Tacy’s choice of jewelry?  Colorful to say the least.  Did I mentioned she decorated herself with a red ink pen just before picture time??

IMG_5934 (2) (800x533)

Of the 48 pictures we took, I only got one decent picture of the three monkeys together.  But one is all you really need, right?

As a reward, we let the monkeys do a “funny face” picture at the end of the shoot.  I think Ty’s face perfectly expressed the overall mood of the day.   Disgust. 

IMG_5932 (2) (800x533)

Now I have my sights set on a fall photo shoot.  I already have newly sewn dresses waiting in the closet for Tacy and Lucy to wear, and I’m hopeful that everyone’s attitude will be a bit more positive when things cool down, say 30 degrees or so.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment