Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, September 17, 2010

Candy Can

As you know, Halloween is right around the corner.  Ty's already excited about it and he's got me thinking black and orange thoughts too.  So I had this idea to make a trick-or-treating tote.  As you can see it all started with the most utilitarian object, a tomato sauce can from the pizza joint.  Can you say, "FREEBIE!!!"


First I slapped on a light coat of black paint to hide the label.  Then I covered the can with a scrap piece of burlap that I stencilled with the phrase, "boo y'all."  (I was inspired by Kristi's apron found here.)


...a little hot glue...


Time to embellish!


And voila!


Isn't it cute?  It sure beats the ol' plastic jack-o-lantern bucket. 


Lucy will be trick-or-treating in style, once she figures out this is not a shoe...

...or a necklace.


That's more like it.

Now I just need to come up with a more masculine version for Ty.  Maybe with some bats or spiders.....

P.S.  I joined my first linkie party today with this craft.  Click here to check it out!  I'm #30!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Much better than the plastic bags for sure!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.....especially since it has that southern twist! :)

    ReplyDelete