Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, September 3, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up

Goodness!  It looks like it's nearly been a whole week since I last posted.  I have an excuse though.  My camera's memory card reader has been M.I.A. and my memory card with it.  It seems a little monkey hid it in a doll house.  Wonder who that could have been.  Hmmm....I guess I could have posted without pictures, but let's be honest here people.  You're probably more interested in seeing pictures of the monkeys than in reading my words of wisdom.

Since I haven't gotten to take any new pictures this week, I decided I would go through my archives to see if I have some old photos y'all might like to see.

Found some!

Lucy's 10th, 11th, and 12th month photos.  Betcha thought I forgot to take them.

10 Months

11 Months

12 Months

It seemed like with each passing month it became more and more difficult to get a good shot of her with her doll.  She just wouldn't sit still anymore.  I'd sit her down,  place her doll, and step back to take the picture, but before I could focus, she was coming after me trying to get the camera.

Now, on to current events...

The monkeys are about to be over their illnesses.  Ty's been coughing and battling with bronchitis, and Lucy's been...well,

Snotty.

Sorry, but that's truly the best way to describe it.  And she's got another ear infection.  That makes 4 for her, and that means a trip to the ENT.  Uggh!  But if tubes will benefit her as much as they did Ty then it will totally be worth all the trouble.

Despite all the illness around here, school has been cruising right along.  Even with 4 visits to doctors and dentists this week, we've managed to stay on track...mostly.  We've got one lesson of writing to catch up on, but that shouldn't be too hard to make up.  And maybe I'm being a hard-nose, or too strict, or uncool, or just plain mean, but I think that we'll be having school on Labor Day.  Is that wrong?  I just think that if we have school Monday, then that will give us a spare day so-to-speak that we can "cash-in" whenever the want or need arises.

We've also been doing a little decorating around here.  Ty's been bitten by the Halloween Bug.  It's a little early yet I know, but a couple of days of cooler temperatures has gotten me thinking about fall too.  As sort of an incentive the other day, I promised him he could get down the Halloween decorations.  He was so excited to see his jack-o-lanterns and spiders.  Then he found the faux spider webs and got busy decorating his room.  It's looking quite spooky in there!  It's so funny to watch him when he's in his decorating moods.  He bans me from his room while he's working, then he calls me in to view his work.  This time he let me help him, though.  Those spider webs can be tricky!  (No pun intended.)

P.S.  Have I got some good news!  The Tool Man has promised that work will be done on the upstairs Monday.  He's bringing in some reinforcements.  If they can just get the trimwork complete up there, then we can finish painting and lay the carpet.  It's so close I can taste it!  Many of you have been asking about how things are looking upstairs.  Maybe I can take some pictures up there this weekend to show y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment