Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, House!

February 15 marks the third anniversary of us moving into our new house. Isn't it funny that I still think of it as being new? Maybe that's because it's still not completely finished. I guess that's just one of the perks of being married to a carpenter ;) We had taco soup for dinner that first night, and although we had a new dining table, we only had lawn chairs sit in. Over the past three years, I've had a lot of fun decorating and such, but I don't know if I'll ever get it just right. I'm always seeing something that inspires me to change things up a bit. Oh well, I've got to have something to keep me busy. Ha Ha!

Like father, like son...I've always loved this picture of Ty and his daddy working our home.

Uncle Huey...the resident overseer, boss, big-whig, and all-around Mr. Know-it-all. He kept everybody in line for us during the project.
The Burn in Natchez, MS. This house was the inspiration for the exterior of our home. I still think this house is gorgeous. Just wish my lawn looked like that. If I only had a nickel for every grass seed that we've planted, only to have a flood come and wash them all down into the creek. Alas! I've got big plans for our yard when I hit the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment