Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Friday, June 4, 2010

Pop Quizzes and Cartoons

Pop Quiz:

Define the word tessellate.

Time's up!

Stumped?  I was too!  In fact, I'd never even heard the word before.

That is until Ty told me about it.  Yeah, my 6-year-old, homeschooled monkey.  Defined it for me and everything!

You see, we were practicing his fractions.  We'd made playdough food and were cutting it up into equal parts.  He took some of these pieces and started arranging the shapes into patterns.  He told me he was tesssellating.  

Well, I was impressed to say the least, and made him take me to where he learned it...PBSKids online.  Tessellate means arranging the same geometric shape into a pattern without any gaps or overlaps.  You know, like a mosaic.

Now for the cartoon:

I saw this comic the day after Ty's birthday party.  I think it sums up my feelings perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment