Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Around the House - Halloween Style

I thought I would share a few of our Halloween decorations with you.

First is a wreath I constructed out of leftover material I had laying around the house.  I was inspired by Jen's wreath over at Tatertots and Jello.  If you've never been over there, you should check out her site!

This wreath was sooooooo simple.  After disassembling an old wreath, I covered the grapevine form with strips of burlap.  Then I glued on these fabric "flowers" that I made out of scraps of black and orange and yellow fabric.  For the center of the flowers I used buttons.  The Tool Man thinks the flowers look like eyeballs.  Either way is good for Halloween! ( :


 Here's a close up of the flowers.


And in the kitchen...a few spider webs and spooky leaves draped here and there.


I made these book jack-o-lanters several years ago, and I still love them.  They're just my style - a little bit vintage.  They're the perfect accent on the mantle.


And I've started on a candy can for Ty.  Remember the one I made for Lucy?  Burlap, ribbons, and flowers.  Good for girls, bad for boys.  So I came up with this slightly more masculine and creepy version for "Mummy's" little boy.  Sometimes I crack myself up ; )  All I have left to add is the handle.


Also this year's Halloween costumes are in the works.  Sorry, but I cannot reveal them until the big day.  It's sort of a tradition of mine.  But I will tell you that Ty has requested two costumes this year.  One to wear to our fall festival and one for the actual trick-or-treating.  OK, so I'll tell you about one of his.  He wants to be a caterpillar.  A caterpillar??  Not my idea of a good costume, but whatever floats his boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment