Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The New Student

Ty and I welcomed a new student to our classroom this week. Lucy decided to try her hand out at school. I know I've told you what a climber she is. She's really living up to her title "Monkey."


I have moved our classroom location 3 times this year trying to find a spot that will offer the least amount of distractions from Lucy. First we had school at the roll-top desk. You would think that this would have been OK, but she continuously opened every drawer and emptied each one every day. Then we moved to the kitchen island, but with 3 barstools it was like a trip to the monkey bars for her. Third, we tried the utility room. Sounds odd doesn't it? But I have a huge island in there that has plenty of space for all Ty's school work. There's only one stool in there, and Ty would be sitting on it, so there would be nothing for Lucy to climb. Ha! She just shimmied up the stool with Ty, and if we tried to keep her off she screamed bloody murder.

So we are currently schooling at the breakfast room table. I've removed all but one chair from the table, the one Ty sits in, but as you've probably already guessed, Lucy just climbs up in the chair with him. Only she doesn't stop there. Now her goal is to be on top of the table...playing with markers. Oh brother!

I've considered getting the cage play pen down from the attic to put her in while we are doing our lessons, but I seriously think that she would just climb out of it. Come to think of it, I honestly don't know what's keeping her from climbing out of her crib at night.

When I was pregnant with Lucy I thought there was no way this child could be any more active than Ty, but I'm beginning to reconsider. This climbing business scares me. She has no fear.

P.S. I've had a little trouble with Blogger this week. All of a sudden, it will not let me upload any photos. The only way I could circumvent this problem was by switching back to the old version of Blogger. I don't know what kind of effects this may have had on my blog, so please be patient as I try to get this all figured out. :)

1 comment: