Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, Y’all!

Hope all of you have a wonderful day this Thanksgiving.  Our celebrations actually began last night with a Louisiana-inspired gumbo meal with the Tool Man’s family. Yumm-O!  Today we’ll have Thanksgiving lunch at my parents’ house, feasting on the traditional turkey, dressing, and my favorite, sweet potato casserole (with pecan praline topping, not marshmallows.)

I don’t know who’s been more “thankful” for our Thanksgiving break from school, the pupil or the teacher.  I bet I know who needs it more.  That’d be me!  I’m just plain tired.  Plus, there are so many things around here that I want to do but just don’t have time for when we’re doing school.  This was going to be the week for me to catch up on crafts.  Unfortunately, with all of the cooking I’ve had to do, all of my “fun” activities have been pushed to the back burner once again.Sad smileNow maybe with the cooking out of the way, I can squeeze in a craft or two before the new week begins. I want to tackle a project or two for Lucy’s room, and I have a few Christmas gifts to sew.  As soon as these projects are done, I hope to share them with y’all.

In the meantime though, here’s what’s I’ve been cooking up this week:

First, a birthday cake for 6 year old Zack. Yea, LSU! Beat Arkansas!!

IMG_2579 (2) (800x533)

IMG_2582 (2) (800x533)

Besides the birthday cake, I had a few orders for some Thanksgiving desserts…

Carrot Cake

IMG_2585 (2) (800x534)

Chocolate Pecan Pie

IMG_2591 (2) (800x535)

I was so proud of the way this pie turned out.  It looked (and smelled) amazing!  Just wish I could have taken a big ol’ bite of it.

IMG_2592 (2) (800x533)

Last, but not least…

Gooey Butter Cake

IMG_2599 (2) (800x532)

With a name like that, you know it’s gotta be good.

And rich.

Very rich.

IMG_2598 (2) (800x533)

Besides all of these glorious treats, I also whipped up a gi-normous pan of dressing.  Huge!  When it was all said and done, there was a grand total of 27 eggs in it!!  Whew!  I can’t wait to dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment