Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Sunday, November 6, 2011

No Tricks, Just Treats

I realize this post comes roughly a week late, but I wanted to take a minute to share my monkeys’ Halloween costumes with y’all.  Unless you are new to my blog, you probably know that I always make the kids’ costumes.  I just can’t bring myself to buy one from the store.  I have too much fun crafting them myself.

This year I decided to make a ladybug costume for Lucy.  Yes, I admit, I took some creative liberties when crafting this outfit.  I don’t know about you, but I’ve never seen a ladybug in a tutu.

IMG_2333 (2) (800x533)

Lucy absolutely loved wearing her costume, so I decided to take her out for a mini photo shoot.

IMG_2354 (2) (533x800)

Lucy’s “antenna” are just pipe cleaners and pom poms wired onto a headband.  I used a freezer paper stencil to paint the spots on her shirt.

IMG_2357 (2) (533x800)IMG_2358 (2) (533x800)

And here’s Mummy’s Little Boy.  Ty had a difficult time deciding what he was gonna be this year.  He just couldn’t make up his mind.  He finally settled on a mummy.  I used cheese cloth, cut into strips and stained with coffee, to wrap him up.  This picture was taken at the end of the night, and by this time, most of his wrapping was slipping off.

IMG_2380 (2) (800x532)

Here comes Lucy!  Running to see what sort of goodies await her at Papa’s and Sandy’s house.

IMG_2381 (2) (533x800)

IMG_2387 (2) (533x800)

IMG_2390 (2) (533x800)

IMG_2392 (2) (533x800)

These two have eaten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than their fair share of candy over the past seven days.  I think I’m gonna start forwarding dentist bills.

IMG_2397 (2) (800x533)

Ok, if you didn’t get scared enough on Halloween, here’s a really frightening image….

IMG_2403 (2) (533x800)

Now that Halloween is over I’m looking forward to turkey and dressing!

Let the Holidays begin!

Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Was so glad to see yall... love and hugs...LoL; Sandy...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you an award on my blog! http://cardigansandcrayons.blogspot.com/

    You can thank me with a gooey butter cake! :)

    ReplyDelete