Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Birthday Monkey

Aren't birthdays great?  I don't care how old you are you just can't help but feel special.  Cards, phone calls, cakes, and gifts.......

I think Ty had a pretty good birthday Friday.  Although, he didn't really understand why he wasn't having his big birthday party on his birthday.  I almost felt guilty about that, but how many people are really able to have their party on their actual birthday?

We did take him out to eat pizza, and what 6 year old doesn't love that?  He got to open some presents too.  The Tool Man and I gave him a bike.  He was soooooo excited.  We've got the perfect place for him to ride up at the restaurant in the parking lot.  (You did know we were opening up a pizza joint didn't you? More about that another day.)

And I made Ty a cake too.  Yeah, I had 3 hours of uninterrupted free time, and I wasted spent it making this.  I know there was some laundry somewhere that I should have been ironing.  The sacrifices we make for our children.

Each year, since the second Ty was born, I have taken Ty's picture on his birthday at the exact minute of his birth, 2:11 PM.  (Thankfully he was not born at 2:11 AM!)

Here's what he was doing this year at that time.


Hopefully one day in the not too distant future I'll post each of his "birthday minute" pictures for ya'll to see.

1 comment: